Rugged Military Rackslide Pull-Out & KVM Monitors – All RFT and CSC models are designed for compact 1U, 2U or 3U installation in 19” ANSI/EIA standard equipment racks or portable transit cases using rackslides. For deployment the units are pulled out of the rack on the rackslides to a pre-designated mechanical stop and the LCD is lifted up into place for use. RFT and CSC models include integrated KVMs with LCD, Keyboard and Mouse Pointer devices, KVMs with integrated CAT5 Switch or KVM over IP function and display-only models.
- The RFT LCD hinges up toward the operator; The CSC “Clamshell” LCD hinges up away from the operator towards the rack
- Storage Depth: RFT 22″-28″ / CSC 14″-20″
- Displays over 20″ have a tilt swivel mechanism for storage in a 19″ rack
- All units include our proprietary Cable Management System (CMS) with Zero-Backlash
- Our CMS is the strongest, most stable and reliable CMS solution available
- Hi-Brite LCDs for sunlight readability
- Video Inputs: VGA, Composite, DVI, HDMI, Display Port, HD-SDI, Fiber
- Touchscreens: Resistive and Projected Capacitance (PCAP)
- MS-38999 connectors on video and peripheral devices
- IP65 sealed keyboards with backlighting and sealed 3-button trackballs
- RS232, PS2 and USB Keyboard/Trackball/Trackpad Outputs
- Rackslide Options: steel ball bearing, steel solid dry friction, precision machined aluminum
- AC or DC power supplies certified to MIL-STD-461, -1275 (vehicle), -704 (aircraft)
- Certification to Military Environmental and EMC standards
- LCD sizes from 15″ to 27″
- Pixel Resolutions from 640×480 VGA to 3840×2160 (4K) Quad HD
- Integrated 4/8/16 port KVM Switch
- Integrated Electronics for KVM over IP Internet Connection
- Display-only models without Keyboard and Pointer
- MS-Circular connectors on video and peripheral devices
Each of these featured displays is available with various options.
Rugged Military Rackslide Pull-Out & KVM Monitors
• 17″ Military Certified KVM
• -40C to +70C Operation
• Deployed on Air Refueling Tanker
• 3G SDI Video Inputs, IP65 Keyboard
• 28VDC Operation, Flight Certified
• 107-Key, 3-Button Trackball
• Dual PS/2 and USB Output
Rackslide Pull-Out KVMs with CAT5 Switch
RACKSLIDE PULL-OUT DISPLAYS without KEYBOARD
The original NLS
A customer was developing a new airborne battle command system based on the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter. The system required a pull-out KVM with a number of difficult design specifications: it had to meet very tight minimal outline dimensions, including 1U maximum height. The KVM unit had to be field removable/replaceable from the equipment enclosure using front access only. When the KVM was pulled-out and deployed, the LCD display head had to be rigidly stabilized and there had to be less than 1mm backlash at the edge of the keyboard during the shock and vibration that could be experienced during combat flight operations. In addition, the LCD display had to be sunlight readable, the keyboard had to be IP65 sealed and backlit, and the unit needed to include a 4-port CAT5 switch with dedicated front panel channel selector buttons. The finished KVM also needed to meet a number of
Rugged Military Display: NLS Display CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK
Starting with one of our standard CSC-17 COTS units, we shortened and strengthened the tray and LCD head and we engineered a new mechanical stop system to keep the head rigidly fixed when in the open/upright position. Working with the rackslide manufacturer we developed new machined aluminum rackslides and a mounting assembly that together reduced the keyboard vibration backlash to within the required 1mm displacement. A new rear mounting bracket and cable management system were engineered to permit rapid removal/replacement of the KVM unit using front access only.
These design improvements, together with the 1200 nit cd/m2 LCD panel and IP65 backlit keyboard combine to make the CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK one of the most rugged, military qualified KVM units of its kind. Recently, the CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK was tested and qualified to MIL-STD-901D shock and is scheduled for deployment on US Navy ships.
Don’t See Exactly What You Need?